Advantage Tech seeks a Technical Support Representative for a North Kansas City company.
Windows, MS Office, specifically Excel
Excellent verbal AND WRITTEN communication skills
Reliability and work ethic
Attention to detail
- Applicants need to be fluent with Microsoft Windows, including use of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Outlook) and use of the Internet.
- Must be able to reliably follow documented processes and demonstrate professional communication skills including active listening, respectfulness, and good verbal and written communication.
- Must possess willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good.
- Daily tasks are focused on researching and resolving technical issues or answering technical questions for customers who utilize our client's software products.
- This requires established processes to be followed in order to deliver known resolutions/answers to known problems/questions; or to follow necessary processes for escalating cases to higher level Technical Support Representatives.
Advancement is expected to a higher level Technical Support Representative role or to a Professional Services Analyst role. Higher level technical service representatives diagnose and resolve undocumented issues by troubleshooting and applying knowledge, experience, and creativity to test, reproduce, and reduce problems. Professional Services Analysts engage customers for work on custom projects.
Specific Technical Support Representatives Duties:
- Handle inbound communication by answering calls to the technical support line and receiving inbound technical support emails.
- Identify and route opportunities that are not support-related such as opportunities for professional services and product sales.
- Engage inbound support requests by following established processes that involve identification of customer, their support entitlements, and their billing or renewal options.
- Work with customers to follow technical triage process that involves gathering diagnostic and other information, and using available information and resources to identify known issues/questions so that known resolutions/answers can be provided.
- Organize information and communicate verbally or via email with content that is appropriate for recipients and situations.
- Use designated case tracking software to accurately process and record all interactions with customers, including verbal and email communication, plus time spent.
- Conduct follow-up communication with customers having open cases so that cases can be closed, pursued further, or escalated in a timely manner.
- Escalate issues to higher level Technical Support Representatives when issues are outside the scope of known issues.
- Assist in scheduling escalation calls for higher level Technical Support Representatives, and/or act as liaison between customer and higher level Technical Support Representative.
- Verify customer contact information and update appropriate records when necessary.
- Solicit feedback from customers and relay positive experiences to marketing team for potential development of testimonials or case studies.
- Engage in tasks as directed by management that assist the team