Advantage Tech is searching for a Technical Writer to work for their client out of Blue Springs, Mo.
Writes, edits, illustrates and develops technical documentation, application guidelines and training presentations for new product development projects and existing product lines. Assists in updating and/or upgrading existing technical documents, application guidelines and training presentations. Helps organize existing design control documents.
- Develops product application, design, operation and installation materials for existing products as appropriate and product development projects; materials may include installation, operation, and maintenance manuals, blueprints, sketches, specifications, drawings and articles.
- Develops initial technical training programs for product development projects. Programs should include PowerPoint presentations, speaker notes and any other required materials.
- Reviews and updates existing training programs as needed.
- Trains appropriate business unit personnel as needed.
- Develops technical application guidelines describing application limitations of new and current products.
- Provides technical support to business units regarding product design, applications and standards.
- Assists in monitoring regulatory requirements and reports significant issues to affected business units.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshop and seminars, reviewing professional publications, networking and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all information processed.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of electrical principles, concepts, practices and theories.
- Must possess good communication skills (both written and verbal) and exchange information with others clearly and concisely, ability to present ideas, facts and technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal and external customers, distributors and end-users.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Two years experience in related field.
- Experience in the application and design of fire alarm systems.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Basic understanding of NFPA standards and other related code restrictions.
- Experience developing technical manuals for electrical products.