Advantage Tech is looking for a Test Analyst for our Kansas City, MO Client.
70% of time spent:
- User Story and Review
- Test planning and manual test case creation, review, and maintenance
- Test data identification, creation, and maintenance
- Test automation design, creation, and maintenance with a goal of CI/CD pipeline integration
- Creation and maintenance of test automation documentation
- Participate in test case (manual/automated) peer review
30% of time spent:
- Test execution
- Defect lifecycle management
- Actively monitor and report on testing progress and milestones
- Actively seek and initiate recommendations for process improvements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Skills in requirements elicitation, design analysis, and interpretation
- Skills in risk-based testing
- Skills in facilitation, distilling feedback, and documenting results
- Skills in creating best practice infused test plans and test scripts
- Skills in test execution, evaluation, and reporting of results
- Skills in defect identification and documentation
- Understands test automation best practices and can architect, develop, and debug medium to complex level automation scripts
- Skill set enables automation of at least 75% of test cases for existing functionality. This includes the execution of existing automation test scripts as well as personally writing, executing, and maintaining automated test scripts.
- Experience with TFS or similar Agile Project Management Tools
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile, and strong team player with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Deliverable / Statement of Work:
This position supports the direction of the business by providing manual and automated testing services to assure the quality for strategic and high priority applications. You will contribute to the project team, testing the product and processes through all phases of the SDLC while ensuring compliance with organizational standards and industry best practices.
Successful candidates must be a self-starter possessing a broad base of analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills, superior organizational skills as well as the ability to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires demonstrated leadership skills; organizing and ensuring testing related activities are planned and executed to achieve project deliverables. Successful candidates will also have solid communication skills, be highly collaborative, strong skills in mentoring team members, facilitation skills, and robust documentation skills.
The IT Test Analyst must be able to work with minimal supervision on medium to large sized projects. Candidates must possess experience working as part of an Agile Scrum and be experienced in developing and executing test cases, performing various types of testing throughout the project. We are seeking candidates who have three or more years of recent hands-on experience in both manual and test automation utilizing both the Micro Focus Test Management tool and Micro Focus UFT One, including API testing. Additionally, experience working in a continuous integration environment utilizing open-source frameworks, Selenium Web Driver is also desired.Submit Resume