Advantage Tech is searching for a Test Automation Engineer to join their client in Kansas City, Mo,
The Test Automation Engineer (TAE will lead and perform the necessary actions related to managing existing, creating new, and executing automated test suite(s).
This role will develop and conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure the software created is of the highest quality.
The TAE will be responsible for de?ning and driving innovative automated testing strategies and toolsets into the client’s overall quality assurance processes to support and enhance current practices.
The Test Automation Engineer will report to the Vice President of Marketing Technology and Data Architecture.
- Develop and implement test automation, execute automation tests and perform manual testing as appropriate.
- Evaluate, implement and utilize automation tools such as Selenium, JMeter, and Jenkins
- Contribute to the development of the infrastructure to execute automation scripts on a scheduled basis
- Perform data validation and ETL process testing
- Develop and perform load testing scripts/processes
- Collaborate with Technical Teams to document best practices and standards for QA
- Report QA activities and project status to management in a timely manner.
- Write test plans, test cases, status reports and summary reports
- Perform cross OS/browser and multi-device testing
- Assist with ad hoc troubleshooting of production issues
- Work with the technical team to understand the nature of the system and project being tested.
- Being rigorous and thorough in the evaluation of quality.
- Ability to learn new tools and technology to support test execution.
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience in QA Automation Engineering
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, Katalon Studio, and Jenkins
- Significant experience in building automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience with API testing tools such as SOAPUI, Postman and automation of APIs
- Experience with complex data validation and ETL processes testing
- Experience with defect tracking tools, such as JIRA.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive action.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Working-level experience in scripting languages and/or programming languages like PHP, Perl and Python is a plus.
- Experience with MS SQL Server is a plus
- Experience with Web and Mobile debugger tools is a plus
- Experience with web application load and performance testing and techniques is a plus.