Advantage Tech is seeking a Title Review Specialist to join their Kansas City, MO based client.
Job Summary and Duties:
Works closely with Loan Consultants, Processors, Settlement Agents and Management to ensure all loans are closed with clear and accurate title. Ensures bank will be in first lien position on the final title policy and that all applicable endorsements will be issued by title. Reviews each title commitment for special conditions or requirements prior to approving title commitment.
- Examining, interpreting, and addressing all aspects of title insurance including but not limited to:
- Confirming Effective dates of title commitments
- Recognizing, addressing and curing any vesting issues
- Re-disclose Loan Estimates as needed for increase in fees in association with vesting corrections
- Help with obtaining any outstanding requirements set out for lender clearance
- Recognizing, addressing and clearing any exceptions that could potentially inhibit our first lien position
- Work with title/settlement agent, processor and borrower to ensure that all needed items are addressed prior to closing
- Obtain and audit Tax Certification and update LOS with correct tax amounts and DNA codes to ensure accuracy
- Update LOS correctly on new construction loans, obtaining fully assessed amounts and inputting amounts for both DTI and escrow account
- Update Conditions to reflect any needed to ensure clarity
- Obtain CPL, wire instructions and preliminary CD with all necessary license #'s from title prior to closing. Update LOS with correct fees and information as needed.
- Work with Title/Settlement Agent to ensure that all needed endorsements items are ordered and will be included in Final Title Policy
- Upload correct title documents to Virpack
- Other Duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred.
- In lieu of Associates; minimum 2 years Loan Processing, Underwriting, Quality Assurance or any combination of departments may be considered.
- Computer literate; experience with Microsoft office products