Advantage Tech is looking for a Collateral Underwriting Manger to join their Kansas City Based client. This role requires involvement providing guidance to collateral underwriters, collateral underwriting assistants, loan officers and processors to assist with all appraisal transactions. A positive and friendly attitude is an important attribute to be successful in the role of Collateral Underwriting Manager.
- Lead a staff of Collateral Underwriters (CU’s) responsible for the review and decisioning of appraisal reports for all loan types.
- Lead a staff of Collateral Underwriting Assistants (CUA’s) and monitor workflows and turn times.
- Develop procedures to ensure collateral underwriting consistency among the team and perform periodic reviews of the CU’s decisions.
- Maintain current knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA & VA and delegated investor guidelines and private mortgage insurance requirements.
- Stay current to report FEMA Disaster Declarations and guidelines.
- Conduct second level reviews for all loans with recommendations of suspend or decline.
- Perform monthly reviews of individual accountability, monitor team’s KPI’s and provide Sr Management with monthly reporting results.
- Partner closely with the origination staff on appraisal/property related scenarios and to resolve escalated issues. Address questions and assist with problem solutions, as necessary.
- Assist QA and internal staff as needed with repurchase requests or non-saleable loan notifications. Ascertain the defect and assist in rectifying the issue to rebut the repurchase request or facilitate the sale of the loan.
- Partner with Credit Underwriting Manager to keep the department updated with current agency and investor changes to underwriting guidelines, and pertinent industry information as it relates to a credit underwriting.
- Identify training and continuing education opportunities for staff to further develop the staff’s knowledge and skill set. Partner with Jr UW Trainer/Supervisor and training department to articulate business needs.
- Conduct monthly meetings with CU & CUA team.
- Assist with departmental preparations for regulatory exams and other duties as assigned by senior management.
- Must have extensive experience in underwriting conventional, FHA and VA loans
- Bachelor's degree in business management required or a minimum of 8 years relevant experience in underwriting conventional, FHA and VA loans in lieu of degree.
- Must have a minimum 2 years management experience.
- Must have DE & VA SAR/LAPP Approval
- Expertise with spreadsheets and word processing applications and ability to use email, internet and other applications needed to perform the duties of the position
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Provide excellent service to both internal and external customers
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of algebra.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical financial applications. Using calculators to do amortization schedules and other financial functions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret financial institution regulations and a variety of business instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer literate – experience using word processing, spreadsheets, and data management software