Advantage Tech is looking for VOIP Engineer for our Lee's Summit, MO Client. This is a remote position
The Engineer’s role is to ensure the stable operations of the technology operational architectures. This includes monitoring, configuring, installing, administering, planning, developing, maintaining, and supporting the availability of the technology operations (may include systems, network, and telecommunications). This role is responsible for monitoring the internal service request ticket system and resolving or escalating request from the service desk as appropriate.
Engineer is a Self-starter, able to work with minimal direction from management. Understands need for lateral thinking and displays willingness to adapt to new ways of doing business.
These individuals will need to be able to support the existing Avaya infrastructure as well as the new SBCE/SIP environments.
• Provide enterprise applications, systems, network, and/or telecommunications support for daily operations; monitors and reviews systems for availability, error conditions, adequate space allocation, backup integrity, and performance to ensure system stability.
• Provides on-call infrastructure support during non-business hours.
• Participates in meetings to explain technical solutions and the feasibility of company operations to meet department needs for software and hardware. Works with Engineer peers and Leadership in finding cost-effective solutions to new and existing software and hardware needs.
• Monitors company Infrastructure with associated software or hardware, provides performance statistics, and reports as directed by Leadership. Recommends and implements appropriate actions to determine and resolve operational architecture issues, which may include systems, network, and telecommunications.
• Maintains knowledge of associated company management software, architectures, telecommunication products and services. Provides monitoring and reporting of technology operations as directed.
• Self-starting, able to work with minimal direction from management. Understands need for lateral thinking; Displays willingness to adapt to new ways of doing business.
• Improves existing team processes. Creates effective documentation used by others. Attention to detail. Digs in and makes progress on work. Stays focused and isn't distracted by irrelevant things.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Strong knowledge of VOIP, SIP, Avaya SBC, Avaya Session, Communication and System Manager
- Audio Codes SBC and ESBC Systems
- UC (Microsoft) + PBX/IP-PBX experience
- Strong understanding of Country Carrier SIP networks
- Strong background in IP Protocols
- Extensive knowledge of fixed line telecommunication systems
- Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN communication systems
- Audio Codes TDM/IP gateway configuration and support
- Maintain Continuity of Operations (COOP) readiness
- Adheres to Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Supports L3/4 incidents and vendor escalations
- Installation engineering and support
- System backups and maintenance setups
- Work with Telecom Service Providers globally
• Requires a Bachelor's degree (120 credit hours) in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Telecommunications, or qualified technology certifications in network, systems, or other related certifications.
• Requires three years of experience in a systems and/or networking environment including telecommunications and VOIP telephony supporting (or working in) call center environments, including voice services and gateways, installing and configuring desktops, servers, wireless networking, and an understanding of the security, integrity, and safety of company operational efficiencies plus other related products.
• Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
• Requires effective verbal and written communication skills to consult with management, business partners, users and vendors.
• Requires effective organizational skills and the ability to manage frequent interruptions and multiple priorities.
• Requires the ability to relate well with coworkers and vendor representatives in order to enlist cooperation and provide guidance.