Advantage Tech is searching for a Field Technician to join a client's team based around the Quad Cities.
To provide installation and maintenance support for the client’s network. This position is responsible for the installation/provisioning, maintenance, and monitoring of network equipment and services. This includes, but is not limited to Cisco SONET Nodes, ADTRAN 2800/2820 Multiplexers, Cisco and Alcatel Lucent Routers, Switches and NIDs, Performance Technologies STPs, MetaSwitch switching platform, and ADVA DWDM systems.
- Receive, monitor, analyze, and resolve network problems in a timely manner with minimal oversight.
- Coordinate and perform new customer installations for wholesale, enterprise, and colocation customers. This could include structured wiring, NID installation and the addition of pluggable cards and jumpers at the Bluebird Network locations.
- Provide proper documentation of BBN’s network (Site Audits, and Inventory Databases).
- Provide installation, test and acceptance for nodes and collocations into BBN’s network.
- Support emergency restoration for aerial and/or buried fiber optic cable in BBN’s network.
- Provide emergency restoration support for BBN’s network equipment.
- Maintain BBN colocation facilities and report any observations of damage or violation.
- Provide 24×7 network coverage, to include trouble tickets and alarm monitoring at a Tier 1 level.
- Adhere to the rotational on-call schedule to monitor, support, and dispatch as required.
- Coordinate software upgrades to any and all network elements on an as-required schedule.
This position is responsible for the operation, maintenance, monitoring, and site documentation for the Bluebird Network Optical/DWDM, IP/MPLS and SS7 network.
- 3 to 5 years in Telecommunications environment or equivalent Technical Training
- Private line and broadband installation and maintenance
- DWDM installation and maintenance
- IP/MPLS fundamentals
- Test equipment proficiency (OTDR, OSA, DS1/3, and Ethernet)
- Willing to work days, evenings, night shifts, overtime, call-ins, weekends, and/or holidays as required; hours to be worked are determined by job requirements
- Valid state driver’s license with clean driving record
- Self-motivated and the ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision
- Strong PC skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- College or Technical degree or equivalent
- Cisco or Alcatel Lucent IP Certifications
- VOIP Switching and maintenance
- Fiber optics splicing and maintenance
- SS7/STP support
- Multi-task and maintain composure in a demanding work environment
- Telecommunications equipment installation