Advantage Tech is looking for a Project Manager for our Kansas City, MO Client. This person manages activities associated with a system migration project that is highly complex and strategic in nature. Performs the project management function in a hybrid environment, utilizing agile philosophies. Responsible for developing and managing the project plan, status reporting, and risk management. Will assist with developing a change management plan and manage execution.
- Functions as project manager for large-scale project throughout the development cycle, including planning, design/development, testing and implementation phases.
- Defines project objectives and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management, project team and project stakeholders.
- Creates, executes and maintains all components of project plans.
- Plans and schedules project deliverables, goals, and milestones.
- Manages resources and schedule for project/program implementation.
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Identifies and directs project resources and manages conflicts within group.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Applies Company’s project methodology and enforces project standards.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Communicates relevant project information to project team, stakeholders and management.
- Efficiently identifies and resolves project issues.
- Provides strategic guidance and makes presentations to executive level management
- May assist in the development of business requirements for multiple complex business functions, understands how those functions interact, and what the enterprise solution(s) could do to support those business needs.
- Works technical team to ensure the technical/business design matches the project’s objectives, user requirements and system needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent education and/or experience. A MBA is a plus.
- 5 years project management work experience required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in articulating and documenting project management documentation
- Strong project management, time management, initiative and interpersonal skills.
- Experience within the insurance and brokerage industry a plus.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our clients. Advantage Tech’s customized recruiting model enables us to place consultants locally and nationally. Our clients want the best candidate at the most reasonable rate within a set timeframe; that’s precisely what we provide them. We go even further. Our consultant retention program gives our clients the added comfort our people will perform well and finish the project.
Please visit advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities